Roach Manufacturing is searching for a Pallet Maker for the Shipping Department. A successful candidate will be able to read and follow shipping directions.
- Read and follow instructions.
- Experience using saws and other wood cutting tools.
- Experience using a nail gun.
- Ensure order requirements and standards are met.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Operate various tools and machinery correctly and in a safe manner.
- Read shop orders and factory orders to determine production requirements.
- Read blueprints and determine necessary specifications.
- Work with team members to meet productions goals.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the appropriate area.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Must have outstanding working knowledge and understanding of reading and using tape and ruler measurements down to 1/32″ and knowledge of basic decimal conversions.
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement.
- Starting pay $17/hr until full-time advancement.
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, fine manipulation with hands, and lifting up to but no more than 80 lbs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. The right candidate will be processed through A.I.D. Services to determine dependability, work ethic, and ability to excel at this position. As we promote a drug-free workplace, the successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.